Thursday, January 22, 2009

Audie Or Not?

I see that the neuropsychologist who did my in-depth evaluation said that I DO NOT display behavior typical of someone who has an Autistic Spectrum Disorder. BUT, I found THIS: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/autism/complete-publication.shtml . This is an article right from the National Institute of Health which states that Autistic Spectrum Disorders are indeed part of Pervasive Developmental Disorders (which is what I have). So, even though I don't have "autism" per se, I am darn near close to it. It is not unusual that I identified so very closely with Sean Barron and a lot with Dr. Temple Grandin as I read their stories. I think like them, and I act like them. There is very little difference. I just wanted to make that note before I go to bed. I just spent all night doing one of my audie things -- studying all the zip codes in the state of Minnesota, but for a particular reason which I'll talk about next time. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment