Friday, March 13, 2009

All Ready To Go


This is the ad that will start appearing in next Wednesday's Edgerton Enterprise. There had been an ad that started this past Wednesday, but I was very dissatisfied with it. That weekly area newspaper needs an editor very badly! So I decided to design my own ad. Here it is. I already submitted it to Joni as well so that she can distribute it all over town.

I'm not quite sure what the actual population of Edgerton is. It's anywhere between 800 and 1,200 people, but the exact number remains a mystery to me. I feel that the two days a week I spend there will be fruitful, though. They have a local coffee shop where I plan on eating lunch. They also have an inn just on the outskirts of the town whose owners Joni knows personally. There is also a pizza joint, a volunteer ambulance service, and a volunteer fire department where I am sure I'll make lots of contacts. But, this is all stuff I am thinking of in my head. None of it will become a reality if nobody actually CALLS me to become a patient. That's the problem I have here. I certainly would hope things would be different in a town where the closest chiropractor is 18 miles away. Time will tell, I guess.

Back here in my home city of Richfield, I am excited about the chance to serve on the local Advisory Board of Health. The first meeting I will actually attend will be this Monday night. I figure it's about time I become a community activist, now that I actually am a homeowner and settled in a community. Richfield is a great place to live, and I never considered living here before. Now that I know that there are neighborhoods in Richfield as nice as the one I live in, I am glad to be here. If you're just passing through on Nicollet Avenue or 66th Street, you pretty much miss all the good parts. I feel that Richfield is the nicest suburb of Minneapolis where you can get a lot of house for the price. Also, from the people I have met thusfar who sit on the City Council, I feel as thought I am surrounded by some pretty caring and involved people. Two thumbs up for "The Urban Hometown"!

No comments:

Post a Comment