Monday, March 16, 2009

Nine Years In The Making

In just nine days from now I'll be celebrating my 9th Anniversary of being a chiropractor. In numerology, nine represents the end of an era and the beginning of another. In this case, let's hope so! Although I've never been successful at building a successful chiropractic practice, I did a lot of tweaking along the way which led me to the way I practice today. What I do today would indeed be something people would flock to, if I only knew how to market myself. People always told me to just do what you do and if people like it they'll tell others. That worked to a degree when I was still in Atlanta, Georgia, when I was in Maysville, Kentucky, and also when I was at the truck stop in Bartonsville, Pennsylvania. It did not work at all here in Minneapolis, Minnesota -- not in the seven years I've been here! But no matter where I was, I still have yet to make a 5-figure income with chiropractic alone.

When you look at my website, you will see all the things that I do at The Sufletesc Center. Each page of the website was written by me and me alone. Each service I offer and each technique that I use were part of the nine-year evolution. Now that I am taking this concept of the practice the way it is today to the small town of Edgerton, there's no telling what might happen. Most people don't realize that chiropractic care is pretty much a MUST for children if they are to have a healthy childhood. Most people don't realize that there is a chiropractic technique specifically for extremity injuries. Most people don't realize that chiropractors can perform Department Of Transportation CDL driver fitness exams and employment exams. Most people also don't realize that chiropractors can order lab tests including hormonal profiling, metal toxicity testing, and food allergy testing. I do all of these things at The Sufletesc Center, and it will be interesting to see what the people of Edgerton make of it.

Later today the local newspaper, the Edgerton Enterprise, will be interviewing me for an article they will place in their paper on Wednesday. What a PERFECT opportunity to tell my story! I am hoping that this opens some eyes. Like I said, what I do evolved over the past nine years. What also evolved over the past nine years was my confidence in what I do, what I offer, and how I can present myself. The reason for that is because I did so many things that DIDN'T work, both advertising-wise and business-wise, and so I can assuredly explain who I am and WHY I do the things I do.

There has been an ad in the Edgerton Enterprise running for the past four days. I am figuring that nobody called yet because they don't know that they CAN call. The ad says that the office opens for business on Wednesday. I certainly won't be driving all the way down there if nobody calls for an appointment. So, I will keep my hopes a bit elevated for another week and see what happens. If nothing happens in another week and a half, then I can start saying that this was yet ANOTHER attempt at success that went nowhere. But I'm not going to say "I have a feeling" because I've had "feelings" in the past. (Besides, Bianca knows better to roll her eyes when I say that.) Instead, I will say that I'm keeping my chin up -- for another week.

1 comment: